Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Monsters in Wyatt's room.



As most of you know, we have been dealing with night terrors with Wyatt. I was initially using the lavendar oil which helps Wyatt calm down and fall asleep. But then he started a few months back waking up within the first hour or so that he was asleep, crying, screaming, etc. The look in his eyes were horrible, it was like he was seeing something scary but we couldn't see it. I did a lot of research and decided to try the peace and calming oil. I wanted something that would put positive thoughts into his dreams. We have been using it for a little over a week now. I could tell a difference immediately. Even if he woke up, he would maybe just cry for a minute but I could easily get him back to sleep. Sometimes he didn't wake at all!! Then, about 4 or 5 days ago, he became scared to sleep in his room, especially to fall asleep in his room. I asked him why and he said because the monsters were going to get him. So, mama made him some monster juice, a spray bottle with water, lavendar oil and peace and calming oil. I told him we would spray his room before he went to bed and that would get rid of the monsters. I also gave him a flashlight and told him to use it if any monsters do get in...they don't like light. :) So far the combination of everything seems to be working very well and Wyatt fell asleep (after the 3rd night of monster juice) in his bed alone...with the flashlight of course. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment