Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lavender

I thought I would start with Lavender since I can already say that it has helped our family. Lavender is a versatile oil that can be used to cleanse and soothe minor burns, cuts, and other skin irritations. Its refreshing, relaxing scent has balancing properties that calm the mind and body.

Lavender

When I would put Wyatt to bed at night, he would spend anywhere from 30min to an hour rolling around and kicking/punching the wall to fall asleep. It felt like he just couldn't relax to lay there and fall asleep. I was really afraid he was going to hurt himself because sometimes he would bang the wall pretty good with his hand. Lavender was one of the first oils we got in. I put one drop on my finger and rub the underside of his big toes with it and then his temples. I do this about 20min or so before he goes to bed. Immediately I noticed a difference...of course I was a bit skeptical too at first. We have been doing it for about 2 weeks now. Instead of beating the walls and rolling around, he lays in bed and does rhythmic movements. He'll rub his feet together, rub his blanket with his hands...things I would expect him to do to go to sleep. I'm hoping to keep this up for a few more weeks and then try without the oils. I'm hoping he just needed this to learn how he can fall asleep peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment